Monday, June 18, 2007

And the beat goes on

I am stressing about the "flip" house right now. We knew that the heat/air pump needed repair and we estimated about $500 to have it done. Tom just called. The compressor is shot and it will cost about $2000 to replace it. That is assuming it can be replaced. We probably will have to get a whole new package, the cost of which will be revealed this afternoon when the "other guy" comes to look at the compressor to see if they can get one. The unit is about 14 years old and parts may not be available. Great. It is time to start trimming the budget elsewhere, which means that I will probably be painting the kitchen cabinets instead of replacing them with new ones. It is such tedious work and I don't look forward to it.


In the meantime, I have added my 8-week running program schedule to the sidebar with the hopes that it will help me stay motivated, which I am definitely not right now. I am just so damn tired.


I did not do really well last week. I only ran 3 days out of the 4 and I didn't walk any of the days. The one minute run was hard and I am looking at this week when I have to run 3 minutes and I just don't know how I am going to be able to do it. It seems insurmountable right now.


I didn't run this morning while it was cooler, so I have to go this evening before dinner. It will still be hot. I'm not looking forward to it.


And, my right foot hurts. That's the foot that I injured last summer and tore the ligaments. It still hurts sometimes. The left foot that I injured at the same time (a broken bone) healed fine and I don't have any problems with it at all. Not so with the right foot. It still hurts pretty often. It doesn't keep me from running or walking, it just aches. I guess I will try the shoe inserts again.

No comments: