Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm So Bored With Television

Jermaine Paul was the winner of The Voice. The finale of  Grey's Anatomy is this week or next. I think there's only one more episode of Harry's Law. The season is coming to an end and nothing coming up looks interesting, let alone worth watching.

I still have 3 recorded episodes of Private Practice, but I can only watch it when I don't mind being subjected to Kate Walsh's incessant pucker and pointy eyebrows and watching stories of  supposed mature, accomplished physicians jumping from one bed to another because they can't make up their minds about who they love or lust for.

There's also 2 episodes of Modern Family that I haven't watched, but the obligatory kookiness is starting to get on my last nerve.

There's still 3 episodes of House on the DVR. Dr. Gregory House, the medical genius with the social skills of a toddler who hasn't had a nap in three days and the bedside manner of General Patton. He just gets meaner every season. I'm sick of mean.

Tony Bourdain's No Reservations - I think there's 5 episodes still on the DVR. Tall skinny sarcastic guy with great hair. Smoking. Drinking. Eating. Boring.

I am so over Chopped, where they give 4 chefs ingredients like lawn clippings, yak broth, pickled cicada bugs and heavy cream and challenge them to make a gourmet dish worthy of a $10,000 prize.  

I didn't even watch this season's Survivor. Contestants no longer attempt to really "survive." Lots of whining and manipulation. That's too much like real life.

Kathy Bates guest starred on Two and a Half Men a couple of weeks ago. I'd never seen the show, but I love Kathy Bates, so I recorded it. I didn't even make it half way through the 30 minute episode. I just kept saying, "I can't believe people actually like this," over and over under my breath while shaking my head.

I don't watch Madmen. I lived through the 60's. I don't need to relive them.

I've never seen The Bachelor or The Bachelorette. If I wanted to watch a bunch of people prostituting themselves, I'd have joined the Secret Service and headed for Brazil.

Swamp People. No. And no further comment or I'll get myself in trouble.

The really good, fairly intelligent, well scripted shows are gone. The Closer. Men of a Certain Age. The Sopranos. There's more, I know. And I'm whining.

I think it's time to do something else after dinner and cleaning up the dinner dishes. Taking a walk. Reading. Maybe back to making rag quilts. Sounds nice, doesn't it?



1 comment:

Alison said...

My TV stays on mostly for noise purposes only. I very rarely sit down and actually watch something. I order what I want to see from Netflix and spend the rest of the time doing other things too!