Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 5 - Something you hope to do in your life

From Thirty Days of Truth

You know, I have no idea. Nothing particularly special. I'm not particularly adventurous. I don't want to bungee jump, skydive or dive off the cliffs of Mexico. I don't want to hike across Alaska during the winter with nothing but a sleeping bag, pup tent, bowie knife and a single burner propane camp stove (hey, Sarah Palin lives there and she might mistake me for a dangerous caribou).

I'd love to own a motorhome and visit every single state. As a matter of fact, when the my grandsons were younger I dreamed of taking the three of them on an amusement park trip around the U.S., hopping from Six Flags to Disneyworld to Wild Mountain Waterpark and every other park in between. Now THAT would have been fun.

When I considered getting my masters degree, after I finished Tom and I were going to go to Norway to visit the abandoned village of Mostad on the Island of Værøy where my Dad's family migrated from. I didn't get my masters. We didn't go. But, it would still be nice to make the trip.

When my son Mike was young, he took a YMCA Grand Canyon canoe trip down the Colorado River. I always thought it would be fun to do that.

I would like to able to donate a large sum of money or create a foundation to provide mentoring for academic achievement then pay the tuition to college for kids who would not otherwise be able to go.

I would love to see Sting, Annie Lennox, k.d. lang and Melissa Etheridge in concert in a front row reserved seat.

I'd like to learn to speak Italian.

I'd like to go on a meditation and yoga retreat.

I'd like to reach my ideal weight and run a 5K or 10K.

But, the thing I'd like to do most? I want to live in a Florida location where I can, if I choose, spend every single evening sitting on the beach watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico. I believe I could do that every single day for the rest of my life.

No comments: