Temperature outside is up to 30 degrees. Whoo Hoo! My thermostat is set at 68 degrees, but I have a small space heater going in the office, I'm wearing comfy flannel jammies and sheepskin (I didn't kill the sheep...someone in Australia did) slippers on and I'm still cold.
There, I have the bitching out of the way.
- I have a freezer and an extra refrigerator in the garage. Both are crammed with chicken breasts and thighs, steaks, stew meat, pork loin, cod, shrimp, scallops, bread, bacon, hamburger, ground turkey, ground pork, hot dogs, egg rolls and various leftovers carefully sealed in vacuum bags. And I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight. I know it's early, but I don't like trying to figure what to make for dinner at the last minute. Now I will be completely distracted until I make up my mind.
- My horoscope for today says: "Philosophers hotly debate the various ways in which luck may be called into a person's life. All, though, agree that the forces of fortune, do not require would-be applicants for their favors, to go through a process of copious form filling. You need not fill in a questionnaire. You don't have to make sure that your papers are in order. No license or permit is required. Why, you don't even have to 'deserve luck'. If it is going to come your way, it is going to come your way. And it is going to come your way, this weekend." I can't wait. But I don't think I'll hold my breath.
- I received a very nice Christmas card from Bill the other day. It was very personal, with his signature and everything. Well, maybe it wasn't that personal because he didn't sign it just "Bill." It was the more formal signature..."Bill Clinton" because, I guess, I've never been to his house and we're not close personal friends. But I still feel special.
- The city's new 12-screen, 3-D capable, stadium seating movie theater opened last night to invitation only guests. Our local newspaper gave away 500 "golden tickets" to the open house. The guests weren't even treated to a free movie, just trailers of movies that are to be shown in the next few weeks. They (the management) merely wanted their guests to get a feel for what the screens, sound and seating will be like. Oh, then, the lucky golden ticket holders were served soda and popcorn. I didn't go because a new movie theater is not the most exciting thing in my life. Watching the Dude twitch in his sleep is about all the excitement I can handle.
- Our Christmas decorations are up. We did that a couple of weeks ago. But I still don't feel very Christmasy. Maybe it will creep up on me slowly without me noticing. Yeah, that must be it.
- I had jury duty earlier in the week. I reported on Tuesday afternoon and was selected to be in the final 35, then I was supposed to report again Wednesday morning, but I called in sick ~because I really was -- fever, frequent bathroom visits and everything ~ so the final jury was seated Wednesday without me in it. I was hoping I wouldn't be selected anyway. The trial is expected to last two to three weeks (right up until Christmas) and I have Christmas cookies that need baking. I don't have time to decide whether or not a city councilman and reported mafia guy are going to jail on multiple gun charges.
That is all for this week and I still don't know what I'm making for dinner.
And you thought I'd rant about Obama and the 'great deal' he made with Republicans, or the faux-christian wacko church members who will protest at Elizabeth Edwards funeral, or Sarah Palin's vicious tweet "Very sorry for Elizabeth Edward's family, but she was PRO ABORTION! Maybe this was God's indictment on her life?", or that Lisa Murkowski was FOR repealing 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' until she voted against it yesterday, or that The Big Dog is on his way to the White House today to explain to Obama how to really negotiate without losing the support of nearly his entire party.
Nope, not me. I'd never stoop to padding a post with politics.