Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm Gettin' All Political on Your Ass!!

I feeling pissed off with what is going on politically in this country, so I have designated this as my Political Rant Week. WARNING: It may be longer than a week. If you get sick of it, you will just have to look away.

I'm starting this morning with Sharon Angle, Republican candidate in Nevada running against Harry Reid.

Harry Reid supports the DREAM Act, which would provide the opportunity for specific undocumented immigrants to receive conditional permanent residency. Recipients between the ages of 12 and 35 who were brought to the U.S. as children by their parents must be diligent, patriotic and Americanized enough to attend college or commit to sacrificing their lives for their adopted country.

Sharron Angle's campaign thought to put a different spin on it. She released an ad depicting Latinos coming over a fence in a desert-like region The video is no longer available. Believe me, I tried to get a link to it, but I was able to get a still shot of the Latinos she refers to in her ad...

Latinos

Hmmmm.

But Sharron Angle, if nothing else, has cajones...or she could be just plain stupid. You be the judge.

Over the weekend Sharron Angle visited Rancho High School in Las Vegas where she was asked by a member of the Hispanic Student Union, "Why is it that in all of your commercials you have the image of Latinos? What do you see when you hear, and I quote, “illegal aliens?”

Angle, in her own inimitably bumbling style, looked a room full of over 100 Hispanic teenagers in their eyes and with a straight face told them, "I think that you’re misinterpreting those commercials. I’m not sure that those are Latinos in that commercial. What it is, is a fence and there are people coming across that fence. What we know is that our northern border is where the terrorists came through. That’s the most porous border that we have." She said the issue in the ad was border security, specifically our northern border with Canada.

View video of the exchange here via the Las Vegas Sun

Seriously. Canadians, eh?

No comments: