Friday, March 19, 2010

Some Things Friday for March 19, 2010

What a week. It went by way too fast.

This is the third day that Tom has been sick...really sick. But he went to work anyway. It will take him the entire weekend to recover.

Speaking of the weekend, after sunshine and 70 degree temperatures today, we will have rain all weekend and a cold front will drop our temperatures into the mid-40's. Light snow is predicted for northwest Arkansas. If I could move to Florida tomorrow, I'd be packin' my belongings today.

So for this Friday, because I have tons to do, I will leave you with my 15 Some Things, albiet short and sweet, and a quote for the day at the close.

Some Things I Love:

1. Sunshine, glorious sunshine, and warm temperatures.

2. Fresh herbs from my herb garden.

3. The new packets of tomato seeds I received yesterday, ready to plant when it warms up.

4. Watching Joe follow right at Tom's heels wherever he goes. They've bonded.

5. A piece of toast with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top.

Some Things I Hate:

1. Dasani water. It tastes like purified waste water from the Coca Cola plant.

2. Watching Wayne Newton perform (caught a segment on him last Sunday morning) when he should be retired. The dude cannot even sing anymore!

3. Speaking of Wayne Newton and all those other folks out there who think 750 face lifts in a lifetime is not enough, I have two word for you: Scar Tissue !!

4. March Madness and that the world apparently stops for anything else.

5. Jell-O salad from the deli section of Walmart. The stuff is just nasty.

Some Things I Just Don't Get:

1. Why downtown Conway is nothing but antique stores and two restaurants. Does everyone in this town love old furniture?

2. My daughter-in-law said it best: 3-1/2 hours for the Academy Awards show to present 24 awards? And all that money spent on the whole extravaganza, plus clothes, shoes, jewels, hair, makeup and not mention the food and alcohol at all the after parties. How about if we send the award via USPS and send the money saved to help those who don't have shoes and haven't eaten in a few days.

3. People no longer use reals words. LOL, LMAO or ROFLMAO, TTYL or BFN, BFF and the list is endless. I am so completely unschooled acronymically (I know it's not a real word) that I have to use the Urban dictionary at least twice a month. This week is was for BAMF. I had no idea what it meant. I do now.

4. Why Joe is an obsessive licker. I came home from the store the other day after being gone only about an hour. Joe's front paws and muzzle were soaking wet and so was the side of his bed where he had been licking his paws. I had to dry him with a towel! Ewwww! Dude...stop licking!!

5. Why do my jeans continue to shrink with every wash.

Quote for the day ~ “There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout: This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision. When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.” - Stacey Charter

No comments: