Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wallet Moths

Superbowl 44 is Sunday, February 7th. That's probably the day we will have my in-laws over for dinner again, but most likely it will be a munchies-only affair. But since we will probably have Tom's folks here for the game, I thought I should at least know who will be playing.

Now don't ridicule me for my ignorance about this, but from what I can tell, we don't know yet because the teams are still playing...I think.

Anyway, as I clicked from one site to another I wound up on the NFL (yes. I know it means National Football League) site. Then, out of sheer curiosity, clicked the tickets link and (cough, cough) a small banner displayed how much the remaining individual tickets were going for. At 11:00 am today, January 19th, out of over a 76,000 seating capacity, there were only 967 tickets left.

"967 tickets available from $1898 to $180,687 each"


I figured, What the heck! Go for the most expensive tickets in the house, so I checked and, sadly, there was only one $180,687 ticket left and I'm not about to attend the game by myself, so I suppose I'll just have to pass on it this year.

No comments: