Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rain is usually the thing that fucks up people's day, it pisses them off and makes them want nothing to do with it. ~ Johnny Depp

I knew I liked Johnny Depp.

Yes, it's raining again. Still. Perpetually. Repeatedly. Unceasingly. Continuously. So far this October, it has rained 20 days out of 27. Some bright, shiny, happy, smiling weather guy on tv said it differently, "We've had 7 days of sunshine this month!" I say, "Shut the hell up, Barry! Those were just unrainy days!"

So, as of yesterday, central Arkansas has received 61.53 inches of rain so far this year and we are on our way to breaking in to the top 10 wettest years on record. And, baby, I'm here to witness the record breaker! Lucky me.

I'm cranky. I'm pissy. I'm grouchy. I'm completely unmotivated. I just wish Thanksgiving was here so I could get the hell on that airplane that will take me to another part of the country and a much needed change in scenery. I already have cabin fever and winter hasn't officially even started yet.

With my luck, Thanksgiving week will be the only freakin' time all year that it rains in California!

No comments: