Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's a beautiful mornin', ahhh... I think I'll go outside a while... An jus' smile ~ The Rascals

It is beautiful this morning. No rain. The sun is out. I went for a 2-mile walk and it went great ~ done in 30 minutes. It started out at 42 degrees, but now it's about 50 degrees.

The rain has been incredible. Lots of flooding everywhere, even in our county and town. A couple miles from where we used to live out in the country, rescue workers had to use a canoe to reach a stranded motorist who'd left his car that got stuck in rushing water over the road. I wondered how our old house fared. I think the house is probably okay, but I'll bet the garage totally flooded since it is about 2-1/2 feet lower than the house.

Any way, I slept well and I'm feeling pretty good. I feel even better after my walk. I have really missed getting outside.

Tom went to the church to pick up the cross he made for the sanctuary wall. He's putting rope lights in the back to set it off against the wall. It's beautiful.

When Tom gets home and after my shower, we are going shopping for Hagan's birthday gift, then for supplemental groceries (milk, stuff for salad, etc.).

It looks to be a nice relaxing (and dry) weekend.

No comments: