Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm On Drugs...

and I thank God for those little green pills.

I started back on my estrogen replacement therapy Wednesday night. One little green pill every night before I go to sleep. Now, it could be that the temperatures have finally settled down into the normal range (mid- to high- 80's), but today I feel better (cooler) than I have in months. I've only had one mild hot-flash today, as opposed to the one, several-hour-long, unbearable hot flash I've been having on almost a daily basis for what seems like an eternity. And last night I slept better than I had in months. I did not realize how tired I had become, mostly I think because it was so gradual. When something fatigue happens so gradually over a long period of time, you can hardly remember what it feels like to feel good and sleep well until you finally do.

I've read that they only want you to take Premarin for the shortest period of time possible. How can I do that when my symptoms have continued over the last 10 years or so. Is that just drug company CYA? Who knows.

All I know is that I just came in from outside and I'm ready to go back outside and finish what I started (picking tomatoes, trimming herbs and tying up wandering plants) and I'm actually looking forward to it!

Oh, by the way, our local newspaper has not migrated to the new format yet, but they have provided a link to the beta version for readers to review. I've written 3 blogs already. You can see them here.

So, what's planned for the weekend? Nothing much. I think with the cooler temperatures we might head to the lake one day this weekend. I got a call from Tom earlier. He purchased some fresh mussels at Fresh Market, now packed in ice in his lunch cooler, and we are trying Mussels Saganaki posted by Peter @ Kalofagas. Add some crusty bread, some nice cold white wine, sitting outside on the patio (without sweating) listening to my Gregorian Wind Chime make music in the breeze....

Ahhhhhhhh, life is good again.

No comments: