Saturday, January 10, 2009

“What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.” Don Williams, Jr.

We went to the Sugar Bears basketball game tonight. They lost 50 to 51. They need a lot more experience. The team lost most of their experienced players last year when the seniors graduated; only two seniors on the team now, maybe three juniors and the rest are freshman and sophomores. I don't think they will be conference champs again this year.

When we got home, I don't know what happened to me, but I was in kind of a pissy mood. I realized it after a few little exchanges with Tom and Karen and decided I should just shut up.

We weren't hungry when we got home at 6:00pm because we'd eaten a big lunch, so I suggested that we watch a movie and decide on dinner much later.

As Tom was looking through our very sizable movie library, suggesting title after title, I made some smart alec remark.

Tom: What did you say, Hon?
Me: Nothin'. Never mind. I'm just talking out of my ass.
Tom: What??! Turn around, I want to see that! Does your ass have lips??

I hate it when I don't have a smart ass retort...

No comments: