Monday, January 19, 2009

To silence another, first be silent yourself. ~ Latin Proverb

I'd like to think that little bit of wisdom is true, but I'm not so sure. When people think they are right or when they think they are deserving or even when they are just being ugly because that's all they know how to do, it seems they believe they have the right to spew whatever it is that is on their minds...no matter how small their minds seem to be.

How do you keep silent? Or, how do you respond without sounding judgemental?

I guess the honest truth is, it is judgmental. So, basically, I guess I just need shut up.


My occasional Daybook FOR TODAY JANUARY 19, 2009...

Outside my window...it's sunny and the temperature is about 45, but it seems colder. The wind is cold.

Waiting...just waiting, that's all.

Catching up on...ordering online the items I can't get here.

I am thinking...too much.

I am thankful for...Tom.

From the kitchen...I hear the television tuned into CNN and something else coming from Karen's room.

I am wearing...sweats and Ugg-style boots.

I am creating...a situation for myself, I'm afraid. I hope that's not the case, but I'm trying to handle things differently than I normally would and it makes me extremely uncomfortable because I can't predict the outcome.

I am going...to scream, possibly.

I am reading...Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou...yes, still.

I am hoping...things will change.

I am remembering...what it was like to work at a job I loved.

I am hearing...too much noise.

Around the house...there are three people and three animals living here right now, but little meaningful conversation or connection.

One of my favorite things...silence.

Recently...I put the first coat of stain on the cross Tom made for our church and I will put a second coat on this afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon I will apply the first coat of lacquer.

A few plans for the near future...they are always the same; sell the flip house and finish the remodel of our house, yada, yada, yada.

Plans to focus on...just making it through day to day.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Based loosely on the The Simple Woman’s Daybook

No comments: