Monday, December 29, 2008

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. ~ Benjamin Disraeli

I love that little piece of wisdom. It seems like the older I get, the harder it is to suck it up and swallow it, so to speak. If I'm sad, I cry. If I'm mad, I say so.

So, we are back from Savannah. :( The travel trailer we rented worked out okay, with a few little glitches. Tom and I unpacked it this morning; it is cleaned and swept; and Tom is on the road toward home after returning it to River City RV.

The trip is a full 14 to 15 hours pulling a trailer. It's really too long for one day, but just short enough to feel like you don't want to make it into two days of driving. I am tired of driving. It has been a year full of driving very long distances and I'm really tired of it. Worn out, really. I feel like I am worn out to the bone with driving. When I got home last night, I just wanted to sit down and cry.

We had a good time and it was pretty relaxing. I think I logged onto my computer once for a very short time last Tuesday morning until I lost my connection. After that, I put my computer away and didn't even power it up again until this morning. It felt rather freeing actually.

Christmas morning is always fun, but a little chaotic. We had the most fun taking the kids Christmas shopping for their parents on Tuesday. Who would have thought a day at the mall two days before Christmas with three kids, ages 15, 13 and 7, could actually be fun? Before we left for the mall, our 7-year old granddaughter, Hagan, decided that, in addition to the Christmas shopping we had already planned, we should all draw names for Secret Santa gifts. We kept the spending limits pretty low and we all had great fun keeping our Secret Santa names and gifts a secret! It's amazing how much pleasure and fun you can have without spending a ton of money or buying someone the very latest this or that. A fringed scarf or clip-on flower for Bella's collar or travel Scrabble game or a neckerchief for Goldie...very sweet, very well thought out gifts for next to nothing...and every one of them loved and appreciated!

We received a call Saturday from our realtor. We have another offer on the house, but they want us to do owner financing. It would mean that we wouldn't really get our cash out of it for a couple of years. We will see how it works out.

And, I have a part-time job to start after the first of the year...an office manager for a Physical Therapy clinic.

I hope all of you had a wonderful and memorable Christmas and are looking forward to the new year. What are your New Years resolutions? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.



No comments: