Friday, December 12, 2008

Just a Few Tidbits...

Sorry, no Some Things Friday today. It takes about 2-1/2 hours to write it and I don't have that kind of time right now.

Today, I will go for my walk/run. Then I will come home and make those Marinated Ham Sandwiches and store them in the freezer until it's time to leave for Chris' house a week from Monday. We've rented a travel trailer for the trip. It's A LOT cheaper than a hotel, and we can take Goldie (our dog) and Bella (Karen's dog), which saves on boarding, too. We will pull it with the gas-guzzling, giant carbon footprint making Expedition. So shoot me.

The travel trailer has a queen bed and two single bunk beds, plus a dinette, kitchenette (refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave). Nice. It should be comfortable for our trip. We will have a place for all of our clothes and such and I will take my laptop so I can at least post a couple little items and receive my emails.

If you've read my Twitter updates, you know that we received an offer on the house we purchased to flip. It was a low-ball offer...a real low-ball offer, and we submitted a counter-offer that expired yesterday, but we did hear from our realtor yesterday afternoon. The potential buyer was going to allow our counter-offer to expire, but will write up a new one to include his wife. They apparently didn't say anything about countering our counter-offer, so I am anxious to see if they do. I am hoping this is a sale. The house has been on the market for over a year now and I'm tired of paying the utilities. Cross your fingers.

About my post yesterday...I still want to write about how I feel. It's just that I'm so preoccupied now with Christmas coming and cooking and baking and such...

But, since I am briefly discussing my childhood and my family, this morning I came across something fun and interesting.

I occasionally read a blog called Altadena Hiker. Yesterday she posted the following little character study based your birth order.

Birth order can include one of the following characteristics:

Oldest:Do you write in perfect 4th grade cursive? Are you bossy? Are you nurturing and bossy? Are you wealthy or at least constantly employed? Do you always want to find your inner-self, but fear you never will? Are you a tortured free spirit? Can you cook?

Middle:Are you a tortured free spirit? Have you been married more than twice? Have you ever been arrested, and did an older sibling get you off the rap with a slap on the wrist? Have you ever ghostwritten anything? Are you completely independent (except when arrested)? Is employment of any kind a problem? Can no one read your signature? Do you open a tin of refried beans and throw in some onions and call it a meal?

Youngest: Are you incredibly spoiled, yet deeply treasured and encouraged by all? Is employment any kind of a problem? Can you even sign your name? Are you a tortured free spirit? Does your mother send you cans of refried beans with instructions for using the can opener?

Only child: Are you a bit of all the above?

So, where are you in this list?

If you haven't guessed by now (if you are not related to or know me personally), I am the oldest of four other sisters. And, about the traits for the "oldest," well, sadly, I plead guilty.

No comments: