Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Damn your principles. Stick to your Party!" ~ Benjamin Disraeli

For whatever reason, perhaps wishful thinking, Democratic National Committee leaders, Barack Obama, Donna Brazile and other superdelegates, keep preaching party unity, in spite of the overwhelming evidence that there is none, and will not be any.

The following statement is part of the agenda on the Democratic Party website.

“A fundamental tenet of our democracy is the right to vote and have that vote counted. We must be vigilant in protecting this right and ensuring that our voting system is fair for every American.”


Isn't it too bad they don’t play by their own rules.

I deeply believe in democracy. I deeply believe in the principles of the former Democratic Party. I believe all votes should be counted and carry equal value. I believe the voters accepted their responsibility as Americans and cast their ballots on the days assigned by their state representatives. I believe the Democratic Party should be working to include voters not exclude them. I do not believe the Democratic party should ignore the voters fundamental rights, manipulate the rules, change the rules in the middle of an election or waive rules for the benefit of one candidate ~ you know, stuff like that.

I do not know how I will vote or, for the first time in my life, IF I will vote.

The one thing I know for certain ~ I will not allow the power of my one vote to support the undemocratic process the Democratic National Committee and their Rules and Bylaws Committee used for the 2008 Presidential primary. You know how it is, there must be repercussions for not following the rules.

Now that is really very simple. And, it has nothing to do with John McCain.

This is where I am. I'm certainly not in a good position. But it is a position that conforms with my conscience.

And, by the way, Barack... back at you...

No comments: