Friday, March 7, 2008

Some Things Friday for March 7, 2008

This is going to be short and sweet. No long rants (I don't think). No story telling. Just simple things I love, hate and just don't get.

Some Things I Love:

1. Daylight savings time!

2. Christina and Carol are doing a great job planning the family reunion. I'm glad we rented a cottage on the lake for the 5 days. We will be close to everyone and it will be so much fun.

3. Any baby. Human, puppy, kitten, lamb, chick... you name it. I love little babies.

4. K.D. Lang. Her voice gives me chills.

5. When Tom cooks. I love to sit at the island in the kitchen, sip a glass of wine and watch him cook a wonderful meal. I love that my sons cook for their families, too.

Some Things I Hate:

1. Obama is whining because the mainstream media is now asking him some tough questions (or questions he doesn't like or want to answer). Waaaaah. Waaaah. Call the whaaaahm-bulance.

2. Snow - at least 4 inches today. Need I say more?

3. When I come into the office to write and Tom says, "I won't bother you," and then he comes into the office to "just ask a question."

4. I hate how quickly I get cabin fever. When the weather warmed up last week, it felt so good to be outside, have the windows open and fill the house with fresh air. This week is cold, rainy and snowy and I am overcome by cabin fever. Ugh.

5. The over-exposure of some Food Network celebrity chefs. As I am flipping passed the channel, I see either Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay or Rachel Ray (or as she affectionately called in our house ~ Ray-tard). I am initially intrigued by their new shows, but eventually I just get sick of seeing their names, faces and their programs.


Some Things I Just Don't Get:

1. Denial.

2. When family members or friends stop talking to each other because of some perceived or actual difference. Since when is everyone supposed to think or feel the same about everything? Grow up!

3. Why would you write a book ("Love and Consequences"), call it memoir when it's not and allow it to be published as your life story? Why not just say it is a book of fiction at the outset? I really don't get that.

4. A poll shows that over half of Americans don't trust the press and over a third don't trust the other media outlets. And they needed a poll to tell them this?

5. There are so many "community websites" ~ Myspace, Facebook, Pownce, Multiply, etc. ~ and people expect you keep updated profiles on all of them. Who has that kind of time?

No comments: