Monday, March 17, 2008

One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others. ~ Moliere

You win, Mike. You have the biggest muscles. You have the biggest guns.

Your words have hurt me more than I could have ever thought any could. Your attack was meant to be cruel. It was. It was meant to hurt. It did... very deeply.

I tried to teach you how to care about others. I failed. I tried to teach you to be kind, generous and loving. I failed. I tried to teach you acceptance and tolerance. I failed.

I apologize for being a complete failure as a mother. I thank you for bringing my personal failures to public attention. It has been a humbling experience.

Update and Post Script: The above link to Mike's blog reveals only a blank page.(He changed his mind. Apparently, as of 3/18/08, the page is back up. Whip away). Suffice it to say that, after some personal consideration and in an effort to "quell any further outbursts" (his words), he has since deleted the blog that I address in this post. That does not, however, negate or dismiss the tone and manner in which these inaccuracies and accusations were leveled.

No comments: