It has been a wacky and busy week. It takes too much time to get all the payroll tax forms out ~ W-2's, W-3's, 1099's, 941's, 940, AR941's, reconciliations, sales tax, blah, blah, blah. And, the weather. Tuesday was 75 degrees. Wednesday was 34. Thursday was a chance of snow. Friday, 50's. Today, high 50's.
So, why did this get posted on Saturday morning and not Friday? No time until this morning, that's why. I'm sorry if this messes up your weekend. If it is any consolation, it has messed up mine, too. So, I might as well get started...
Some Things I Love:
1. The Man Song ~ Tom said he heard on the radio Friday morning and we did a search to find it just for you...
2. I am so happy that someone finally stepped out on a limb to help this poor girl: "Spears’ dad put in charge of her welfare"
3. Anonymous Call Blocking. Even though we are on the Do Not Call list, we still used to get those "unknown caller, unknown number" calls. Not any more. Ha Ha!
4. Dishes. I think I mentioned that I am a dish-a-holic. I don't know why, but I just love plates, bowls, serving dishes... you name it, I covet it. When we lived in Carlsbad, California, Plaza Camino Real was within walking distance and we spent a lot of time there, and walking into Macy's from inside the mall was dish nirvana because right inside the entrance was the seasonal dishware display. No Macy's here. That probably a good thing, but I've been known to pick up a few extra things now and then at other stores.
5. I love shopping for clothes for my granddaughters. I never thought it would happen. When I had children, I had boys. Don't get me wrong, I liked shopping for them, too, especially when they got older and knew what they liked to wear. So when they both got married and had their first children, they were boys, too. Then, six years ago, our first granddaughter was born. A year later, our second granddaughter and little more than 18 months later than that our third granddaughter was born. Every time I walk into a store, or shop on the internet, I look at little girls' clothes and can imagine each one of them in their outfits. I could easily be cash poor and little girl clothing wealthy!
Some Things I Hate:
1. Edwards dropped out. Crap! Without our votes, the field narrows down to two.
2. Violation of a trust. For instance, take Dr. Phil (you know him, don't you? He's Oprah's biotch). If you are a doctor ~ medical, psychiatric, or otherwise and licensed or not ~ you don't meet with a person as a patient or client, then go out and spread details about that meeting to the press. Phil, it doesn't elevate your stature or make you look important. It makes you look like an unethical, self-important asshat!
3. Bush's final budget slashes $178 Billion from health care ~ Medicare and Medicaid ~ cut from the people who have the least. And this man calls himself a born again Christian who accepts Jesus Christ as his own personal savior? A savior who said you treat me as you treat the least of you. He is a disgrace.
4. Local tv news or programming. I live in Arkansas, folks! It is NOT professionalism personified.
5. Tv commercials for prescription drugs. Why would I go to my doctor and ask for a specific drug? Shouldn't my doctor make that informed decision?
Some Things I Just Don't Get:
1. Star Jones' show is going off the air? Did she have a show?
2. Michael Jackson's kids are actually seen in public.
The question, "Who's your daddy?" comes to mind. They look more like their mommy and a mystery man to me.
3. Did you read that Pamela Anderson is going to perform a striptease show in Paris? Do you care? Me, either.
4. A shark at a Minnesota aquarium attacked a smaller shark. People were shocked. Hellooo! That's what sharks do... eat smaller fish, even if they are smaller sharks!
5. Super Bowl mania. I'm sorry, but I don't even know who's playing.