Friday, January 25, 2008

Some Things Friday for January 25, 2008

Another freakin' cold day, but we have the pleasure of some additional "wintery mix." Now, isn't that special?

I know, I know, my ranting about the weather is getting boring. But, truly I am a little better, even with the forecast. Yesterday, I took a shower, got dressed, bundled up and headed for Kohl's. I bought some more dinnerware ~ did I mention I was a dish-a-holic? My only problem will be trying to find a place to put them.

Although the weather is cold, things are heating up in the political arena. It's getting really ugly out there.

Some Things I Love:

1. Puppy breath.

2. My grandkids. I miss them.

3. Al Gore posted another "position statement" on Current.com. I don't know why he did it just now, but it made my heart go pitty-patter with excitement. If nothing else comes of it, at least I was distracted from the current candidate boxing matches.

4. I love little things. You know, all those cute little things in we keep in or on our desks. Like the multi-colored paper clips, or the 6-inch neon colored rulers I got a conference years ago (in neon pink, orange and green). Like my "Just The Right Shoes" collection on the wall in my home office. And the "Just The Right Handbag" business card holder Mike and Kathy gave me one year. And, the "Just The Right Shoe" mini calendar Chris and Kelly gave me this year. I just love those little things.

5. I love sushi. Tom has gone to Fresh Market to buy some sushi grade tuna for dinner tonight... Mmmmm, Mmmmmm, Mmmmmm.

Some Things I Hate:

1. A new logo for the upcoming Bush special on Faux News.


My take? Just finish already and get the hell out before you do any more damage!

2. What the hell is going on in our country? A couple of months ago, a 13 year old girl was suspended from school for hugging a friend. This week, a 5-year old boy is handcuffed and shipped off to the psyche ward at a hospital. We over-react to everything and treat our children like perverts and criminals!

3. Huckabee is so stupid, he's dangerous. Last night when Chris Matthews asked him if he believed there were WMD's in Iraq that hasn't been found that would have justified the war, he replied, yes, but they probably were shipped to Jordan. Mo--Ron! He makes my skin crawl.

4. I am sick hearing about this poll and that poll; who's ahead, who's gaining. Surprises in Iowa. Surprises in Nevada. Just let us vote and report the results. What a freakin' concept!

5. And, finally, I am also sick of all these "news anchors" (read: commentators) and pundits making their predictions every 5 seconds and then being wrong! I miss Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw and Walter Cronkite. They reported the news; they didn't try to make it or twist it or predict it.

Some Things I Just Don't Get:

1. I know it was supposed to be a joke, but if he even remotely thinks it might be a possibility, he's lost all credibility.



2. All the speculation (by the media, of course) over Heath Ledger's death. Would it be at all possible to wait for the Coroner's final report??

3. So the government is going to spend $150 Billion dollars for an economic stimulus package. Has anyone disclosed how they are going to pay for this? I'm not opposed to the package, but I don't think we can just print more money. Or can we??

4. Tracey Edmonds broke up with Eddie Murphy 2-weeks after their "spiritual ceremony" because he changed from the nice guy she was dating to a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Tracey, I have a little advice for you. When you are thinking about marrying someone, you might want to date a little longer than 5 minutes before you try to close the deal.

5. Why are the likes of John Gibson, Rush Limbaugh, Don Imus and Bill O'Reilly allowed to keep their jobs? If you or I said those horrible things, we would be fired on the spot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions

Ref item #3 under "hate"...thought you might find this interesting if you haven't seen it already. One of the most intriguing interviews in recent memory.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/24/60minutes/main3749494_page6.shtml

Love,

Jon